Lithotherapy refers to an unconventional medicine that uses stones to heal. The term comes from the Greek lithos, meaning stone, and therapeia, meaning cure.
It is based on the idea that stones and minerals have therapeutic virtues. According to the principle of lithotherapy, they would emit vibrations, they would have a resonance capable of acting on the body to improve the well-being of the person in contact with it.
Arranged on the body, the stones would make it possible to regenerate and rebalance the being in its entirety: that is to say as much on the physical as on the psychic level.
At Ilado, we have selected 7 beneficial stones: Amazonite, Angelite, Chrysoprase, Labradorite, Moonstone, Smoky Quartz and Rose Quartz.
They each have their virtue which will accompany you perfectly for a serene pregnancy.
Stone of emotional balance
Amazonite is a stone related to heart chakra, it exacerbates happiness and promotes love, compassion and forgiveness. This chakra has a direct impact on our lungs and our heart. Amazonite accompanies us to let go of annoyances while listening to our surroundings and our inner world. The mineral green water is also linked to throat chakra, it promotes communication, listening and positive expression.
It is a stone of calm and communication, it also promotes the qualities of patience and inner peace. It allows us to dialogue but also to listen to each other, while respecting our own needs. Angelite soothes the mind, it offers us the opportunity to express ourselves gently.
Stone of freshness and openness
It is a stone favoring new beginnings in life, it develops a feeling of love. Chrysoprase increases hope, intuition and can be used to fight nightmares and repressed emotions to heal our inner child. It also brings spontaneity and simplicity in the exchanges which it greatly facilitates. A beautiful heart stone to discover.
stone of protection
Labradorite is a symbol of protection and openness to others. It has great regenerative power. Labradorite is reputed to absorb destabilizing stagnant energies and helps not to suffer the empathetic inconvenience felt, it protects from the ill-being of others. It is also a very good anchoring stone, which connects us to the earth to thus preserve our personal energies and make us naturally available to our loved ones, without dispersing ourselves!
THE MOON STONE
Stone of femininity and intuition
Moonstone is a clear stone with bewitching pearly reflections reminiscent of the lunar star. It is a symbol of sweetness, harmony and serenity. It is a beautiful stone of openness and tolerance, leaving room for new ideas and subtle information that surrounds us. Moonstone is a feminine stone, effective in bringing out our feminine side and accepting it.
stone of stability
Smoky quartz is considered the stone that calms the overly strong emotions that confuse effective thinking, and thereby improves lucidity and concentration. By helping to reflect and eliminate irrational fears, anxieties, inner contradictions.
It is a symbol of love, happiness and self-acceptance. Its gentle energy will soothe stress, it will bring confidence. It promotes understanding and communication without conflict. It is the stone of choice for children who will bring them the love and the feeling of security that they so badly need.
After a while the stone has given all the energy it could, it needs to regain its energies to bring you its benefits again. Here is a short guide to energetically recharging each stone:
- Amazonite: we can immerse for several hours in demineralized water, possibly slightly salted. For more efficiency, you can then charge in the sun or in natural light or even place the amazonite on a large rock crystal.
- angelite: we can dive it several hours in demineralized water, possibly slightly salted. It can thus be placed on coarse salt to purify it; increase its capacities by charging it more by placing it in the sun or on a pile of rock crystal.
- Chrysoprase: it can be purified energetically by placing it on a bed of coarse salt for several hours, it can also be purified by leaving it immersed in distilled water or lime-free water for several hours. For more efficiency, you can then charge in the sun or in natural light.
- Labradorite: we can immerse several hours in demineralized water, no salt for this mineral. For more efficiency, you can then charge it in the sun or in natural light or even place the labradorite on a large rock crystal.
- moon stone: it can be purified energetically by placing it on a bed of coarse salt for several hours or by immersing it for several hours in non-calcareous water. For more efficiency, you can then charge in the sun or in natural light.
- smoky quartz: you can leave your stone for 2-3 hours in a bright room. Be careful not to leave your stone exposed to direct sunlight. You can also recharge it on a large rock crystal.
- Quartz rose: it can be purified energetically by immersing it for several hours in demineralized water, possibly slightly salted. Avoid charging it in the sun as it will eventually lose its colors, the sun's ultraviolet rays will cause it to turn white.